CLARENCE VALLEY CATHOLIC PARISH AT A VIEW:
The Clarence Valley Catholic Parish, centred on the beautiful Clarence River, extends from the Mountains to the Sea and includes the City Grafton and the Villages of Copmanhurst, Junction Hill, Ulmarra, Lawrence and Cowper, Minnie Water and Wooli. The Parish, with a rich Catholic heritage, was initially visited by various Priests from 1849, including Rev. Fr Timothy McCarthy from 1854. The first resident Priest, Rev. Fr Murphy, was appointed in 1862. On Sunday 24th July 2013, the three Parishes of St Mary’s Grafton, St Patrick’s South Grafton and Mary Immaculate Cowper became known as St Mary Immaculate and St Patrick’s Parish of the Clarence Valley.